FIRST® DESTINATION DEEP SPACE, the 2019 FIRST® Robotics Competition game, includes two alliances collecting samples on Planet Primus. Unpredictable terrain and weather patterns make remote ROBOT operation essential to their mission on the planet.
The match includes:
T-minus 2:30: A SANDSTORM limits DRIVER visibility so ROBOTS independently follow preprogrammed instructions or are operated by human DRIVERS via video from their stations. ALLIANCES score points by:
1. Deploying ROBOTS from Habitat (HAB)
2. Preparing ROCKETS and CARGO SHIP with HATCH PANELS
3. Loading CARGO pods into their ROCKETS and CARGO SHIP
T-minus 2:15: The SANDSTORM clears, and human operators take control of their ROBOTS. ALLIANCES continue to score points by:
1. Preparing ROCKETS and CARGO SHIP with HATCH PANELS
2. Loading more CARGO pods
3. Returning the ROBOT safely to the ALLIANCE’s HAB 0:00: ROCKET liftoff The ALLIANCE with the highest score at the end of the MATCH wins.